DISCLAIMER

This blog is like a journal for me and because of that, it contains my opinions and the way I see things. It is not intended to judge or criticize anyone or to impose any of my views on anyone. I apologize if any of the posts in here is offensive or somehow harmful to you. Because this blog is like a journal, I do not expect anyone to read or comment on my posts. However, I really want to share my life with you and I love reading your comments so please, if you feel like you have something to say, go right ahead! You are my best friends and my family and I hope that you agree with the terms stated above. Thank you so very much for reading and for always being there for me.

Learn about essential oils

I am a Young Living distributor and if you're interested in signing up or just learning more about these amazing essential oils please don't hesitate to contact me. I'd be more than happy to help you find answers to any questions you might have.

Saturday, February 5, 2011

I'm Three Months Old!

Jane, Mom and Grandma Lucy
at Riverwoods on a sunny, warm winter day


Today Jane is three months old. She's grown so much. I can't believe it. She holds her head, smiles a lot and even laughs at times. She follows us with her eyes when we walk around the room, cries when we don't pay attention to her or if she wants us to hold her and always lets us know when she needs a diaper change, some food or sleep. She's such a smart little girl and we love her so much. She only cries when she's uncomfortable or when she is upset with someone. One time she got really upset with me. I tried to nurse her but she absolutely hates how the nipple feels in her mouth so she doesn't nurse at the breast. So, after a good cry she refused to look at me or even take a bottle from me even though she was hungry. My Mom took her and fed her and eventually she fell asleep but even when she woke up she wouldn't look at me.

Jane is pretty drool-y. 
She might start teething soon
Her two months Dr. appointment was good. She weighted 11lb. 12oz and was 24in long. She got her first round of shots and even though she was scared she only cried for a little bit. As soon as I took her in my arms she got better and eventually stopped crying. Later that day though her legs were sore so she cried and was fussy but within a couple of days she was all better.
Three shots in her legs 
and one vaccine through the mouth
This month we also changed her formula a few times. First the doctor told us to give her soy formula to help stop the diarrhea. When that went away we tried regular Similac, which they gave her in the hospital to supplement the breast milk and she started spitting up a lot. We gave her Enfamil and she liked it but after a box of it she started having really bad colic. We gave her Similac Sensitive, what she used to drink before the diarrhea but the colic got worse to the point where she couldn't sleep so we went back to Similac Soy and everything got better. Now that's all she eats and it seems that it's what she needs. She's calm and happy, only a little gassy and is gaining weight all the time. I can see that she's already gotten bigger and taller than four weeks ago. We're proud of our little vegetarian baby! :)
One thing that Jane hates with a passion is tummy time. She would not do it without a cry that eventually turns into loud screams. When we put her on her tummy she lifts her head but she hasn't figured out that she can use both of her arms to pull herself up. She uses her left arm but holds the right one straight and tight by her body and pushes her bum up with her legs while screaming. It's funny to see her but it's also a little sad cause she gets so unhappy. She likes doing stretches and exercises with her legs and arms though and she kicks her legs and moves her arms a lot when left on her back.
She loves watching "Myth Busters". She would sit with David and watch on the TV or on the iPod. I don't know why she likes that show or how much she understands but she seems to really enjoy it. We don't let her watch much though. I believe that babies shouldn't watch any television until they're two and after that only watch about an hour or less a day, so we try to be good about it.
Watching 'Myth Busters' on the iPod with Daddy
So, Jane is growing beautifully and is a very good baby and we feel so blessed to have her. She makes us happy and we just can't imagine our life without her.

No comments: