DISCLAIMER

This blog is like a journal for me and because of that, it contains my opinions and the way I see things. It is not intended to judge or criticize anyone or to impose any of my views on anyone. I apologize if any of the posts in here is offensive or somehow harmful to you. Because this blog is like a journal, I do not expect anyone to read or comment on my posts. However, I really want to share my life with you and I love reading your comments so please, if you feel like you have something to say, go right ahead! You are my best friends and my family and I hope that you agree with the terms stated above. Thank you so very much for reading and for always being there for me.

Learn about essential oils

I am a Young Living distributor and if you're interested in signing up or just learning more about these amazing essential oils please don't hesitate to contact me. I'd be more than happy to help you find answers to any questions you might have.

Friday, April 30, 2010

12 weeks? Not so sure... Let's check it out!


* Enjoy our baby's first picture!
So, everything is been going well since we found out that we were expecting. A month ago we had the first prenatal exam and the doctor said that both the baby and myself are doing great. A couple of weeks ago David's parents came to visit from Japan and we had tons of fun maternity shopping. We even looked for baby car seats and strollers but decided that it's a little too early to buy one now.
David's been working his two jobs and enjoys the Simply Mac position the best because it keeps him connected and updated on everything in the computer world. He also enjoys taking care of us which is great since I haven't really been able to be serious enough about getting another job. I just don't feel up for it right now. I was just thinking this morning how I'd have a very hard time committing to a job because I wouldn't feel strong enough to do it. Most of the days I'm either nauseous or tired and when I feel good I do too much around the house and then I get nauseous again. I know that my nausea is a lot milder than what many of my friends have experienced, especially since I haven't really thrown up once since my pregnancy started, but just the feeling of not really being myself is kind of discouraging when it comes to being serious about a job. So, anyway, David's been really supportive and I love him so much for that.
Yesterday we had our second Doctor's appointment and the doctor said once again that everything looks great and the results of the lab work we did last time were all good. We were also very excited to hear our baby's heartbeat for the first time yesterday! I wanted to cry when I heard it. We were both amazed that such a tiny baby can have such a strong heartbeat. The doctor confirmed that the heartbeat was good and regular. However, when he checked my uterus he wasn't so sure that I was only 12 weeks along so he ordered an ultrasound which I had right after the appointment. Unfortunately, David couldn't stay for it because he was already late for work but we talked as soon as I was done and I told him about the experience. It was such a miracle to see our little baby moving inside my tummy. It moved its arms a few times and liked to keep them in front of the face while it kept its legs crossed. I could see its knees and little legs! I was so nervous that I was a little shaky, which was also probably because my bladder was really full and I was feeling a little cold. :) So, we don't have twins but our baby is one week older than we thought before.
Seeing the baby and hearing its heartbeat made the whole pregnancy a lot more real. I now know for a fact that there is a little baby growing steadily inside me. I'm starting to feel more like a mom and I'm already imagining what it will be like to have the baby here with us.
We are very happy and excited and can't wait for the 20 weeks ultrasound when we'll hopefully be able to find out if our little baby is a boy or a girl. No matter what it is, we already love our baby with all our hearts and can't wait for it to get here on November 3rd, one week earlier than we first expected!

5 comments:

Maddy S said...

Ce ma bucur ca l-ai vazut pe bebe. E ceva fantastic. Mult succes in continuare si in curand ar trebui sa iti treaca starea de voma. Tot asa am fost si eu cu Dacian. La Lavi nu am avut nici o stare de nimic, a fost minunat.

Irina said...

Ce frumos e sa-i asculti bataile inimii unui ingeras asa micut!
Mult succes Dali! Sa ai grija de tine si sa mananci sanatos si sa bei multe lichide ;)

Ioana said...

Cat de minunat!!!! Ma bucur tare mult pentru voi! Si eu m-am simtit groaznic cu prima sarcina. Chiar daca nu vomitam, aveam mereu greturi si ameteli.
Tu esti acum in doilea trimestru si de obicei se mai amelioreaza putin. Te pup!

Stanca said...

Dali, ma bucur sa aud asa vesti bune! Si mi se pare normal sa nu te prea gandesti la o noua slujba... ;-) Sunt foarte fericita pt tine/voi! Mult succes in continuare, pupici!

Annie Hawkins said...

Felicitari!!! Ce frumos ca ai vazut bebele. Inainte sa vezi ce o sa fie, probabil o sa simti. Eu cred ca ai un baiat dupa cate vorbesti. LOL V-ati gandit la nume? Sa te apuci sa cumperi dipers, dar sa nu le cumperi pe alea ieftine de la Pampers ca sunt proaste de tot. Mie imi plac Huggies, dar stiu ca sunt si altele care sunt bune. vezi tu ce faci, dar scutecele sunt asa de scumpe si e mai bine sa ai cateva.